- AMD 64 bit
- Modern, simplified syscall system
- GCC toolchain means you can use gdb(!)
- Clang and Intel C Compiler compatible
- Compile in Linux or OSX using Harvey’s headers and libs, no need to change anything else
- Fast compilation of the whole system
- A large set of userland apps available
- Plans to add a new GUI, a new fileserver, native toolchains and more
- Go programming language port available.
About the Name
So, why “Harvey”? Mostly because we liked it, but there are at least 3 other good reasons based on the origins of Plan 9 operating system:
- Harvey is a movie, Plan 9 is a movie too.
- Harvey is a rabbit, Glenda is a bunny.
- Most importantly: in the movie, those who believed in Harvey were thought to be insane, but eventually found not to be.
- Álvaro Jurado
- Aki Nyrhinen
- Dan Cross
- David du Colombier
- Graham McDonald
- John Floren
- Keith Poole
- Rafael Fernández
- Ron Minnich
- Sevki Hasirci